Materials and documentation have been produced by the Interoperability Working Group (IWG) and are available "as is" for download. We will endeavour to ensure that the most current materials and information relating to GeoSciML are available here.
Although use of GeoSciML is open to the geoscience community, in order to ensure the integrity on the GeoSciML standard across the community the IWG requests that the following points be applied to any work involving GeoSciML:
- full compliance with existing GeoSciML conformance criteria
- the IWG and its GeoSciML products are not misrepresented or misused
- the IWG retains full copyright to all IWG and GeoSciMl names and products, including logos, text, images and technical materials
- the GeoSciML name and associated namespaces, as well as the IWG name and associated task group names, are reserved strictly for IWG activities and products
- the GeoSciML products developed by the IWG may be freely copied and used within third-party information systems, with acknowledgements as per (7) below
- the GeoSciML products developed by the IWG are not to be modificed by third-parties, except as part of the revision process within the IWG
- extensions to GeoSciML by third-parties remain distinct from GeoSciML, exist in non-GeoSciML namespaces, and are not to be represented as IWG or GeoSciML products
- acknowledgement of GeoSciML and the IWG is made in all communications and products related to work involving GeoSciML or the IWG, with appropriate citation
- the IWG gives no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the quality or accuracy of the information supplied, or to the information's suitability for any use. The IWG accepts no liability whatever in respoect of loss, damage, injury or other occurrence however caused
GeoSciML documentation and materials
- Full documentation of the GeoSciML model
- Cookbooks to assist with using GeoSciML
- The current versions of the model, schema and examples are available from www.geosciml.org/geosciml/2.0/
- All versions of the model, schema and examples are available from www.geosciml.org
- An Enterprise Architect version of the UML for the CGI packages (GeoSciML_V2_Unversioned.eap) (download).
- Full information about the GeoSciML model and schema.
- In developing GeoSciML v2 participating organisations have set up demonstration web services. These can be accessed via the GeoSciML registry. To see the full list of services and information about them click 'CSW Search'. To display a WMS service click 'Add layers' and then 'Search' for a list of available services by country, which can then be selected and displayed. It should be noted these are test services, not production services, so may not always be available.
GeoSciML workshop at the 33rd IGC in Oslo
A GeoSciML workshop was run at the 33rd IGC in Oslo in August 2008 and the PowerPoints used at that workshop can be viewed by following the links below.
- Background, purpose and scope of GeoSciML
- GeoSciML model
- GeoSciML borehole data exchange and applications
- GeoSciML compliant borehole data into 3D GeoModeller software (.pdf)
- GSI-3D data in GeoSciML format
- Mapping between Oracle and GeoSciML
- Groundwater Markup Language (GWML)
- GeoSciML testbed technologies
- GeoSciML vocabularies
- How to get involved in GeoSciML